Three Year Age Group
The third year of a child's life are ones of phenomenal growth. All of the senses are brought into full play. Children are continuously investigating their environment by observing, touching, listening, smelling and tasting.
Each day marks the beginning of a new adventure for three year olds. They are receptive to any sensory stimulation found in their surroundings. Activities that foster positive growth and development are important in providing a nurturing environment during these formative years. In addition to a child's surroundings, there are several other basic conditions which contribute to the developmental processes in three year olds. Among these are:
- Tender loving care
- Allowing a child time to be an observer before becoming a participant
- Freedom to repeat activities - repetition is part of the learning process
- Opportunity to work independently without adult assistance unless it is sought.
- Encouragement when performing tasks, knowing that the execution of any job is more important than the final procuct.
Our theme based activities include the following:
- Social studies - self concepts
- Muscular development
- Eye-hand coordination
- Arts & crafts
- Computer learning activities
- Circle time & group activities